PMMail 2000 History: Version 2.20.2711
Changes in version 2.20.2711
- - PGP SDK 3.0 - PMMail 2000 Professional now
supports PGP 8.0 keys with the integration of PGP SDK 3.0 from PGP, Inc. There is a
known problem with the
display of high-ASCII characters within the PMMail 'Security'
Changes in version 2.20.2661
- - APOP Receive - PMMail now sends the password
to the server in all lower case characters when using APOP
authentication, per RFC 1939.
- - Known Issues - Use of bulleted lists in HTML formatting compose will cause text to be translated into 'Symbol' font.
Changes in version 2.20.2660
- - FIXED - Fixed problem with a message that
was causing PMMail to crash.
Changes in version 2.20.2659
- - FIXED - Corrected the issue of trial periods
expiring after one use.
Changes in version 2.20.2657
- - ADDED - Option to General Settings menu to
turn off the Reply-to header.
- - FIXED - Migration utility is now working
properly for Outlook Express 6, Eudora 5.1.1 and Netscape 4.x
Changes in version 2.20.2634
- - ADDED - Option to Preferences menu that
allows you to view text/plain only in messages with that
- - FIXED - Problem with duplicate messages
being sent has been resolved.
- - FIXED - Message headers not printed when the
option was selected from the print dialog.
- - FIXED - Use of $s.sig$ variable in canned
replies was not using the specified signature file when called by a
- - FIXED - TAB key now functions properly in
the message compose window.
- - FIXED - Problem with filters moving messages
containing more than one matching address.
- - FIXED - Problem with F11 and F12 closing
messages opened through search results window.
- - FIXED - Contents of <script> tags in
Canned Replies are no longer stripped out on message send.
- - FIXED - Sub-folders were not updated
correctly when they were moved within PMMail 2000.
- - FIXED - Filter not recognized when more than
one address from called Address Book is entered as recipient of
- - FIXED - Issues with adding address groups to
recipient list have been resolved.
Changes in version 2.20.2502
- - FIXED-Add address to Bounce popup: Activate
the Bounce pop-up menu and attempt to add address from RMB Address
Book list. Only adds addresses from the Most Recently Used list,
not Address Books or Groups.
- - FIXED-Add Sender to Group or Book:- Cancel
Add Sender to... and PMMail crashes
- - FIXED-Add Group to Recipient list: Address
not filled in the To: field of a new message properly when using
Address Group whose members were added with RMB.
- - FIXED-Forward Filter: Using Forward as an
action in a filter does not work, messages are placed in Outbox
with the status of Sent, but they are never Sent.
- - FIXED-Thorn character: Messages with thorn
(Þ) character in the header cause PMMail to loose track of
- - FIXED-VB Runtime Crash on Send: SMTP server
was expecting Mail From: address in <>'s and PMMail wasn't
sending the command in that format. (Specific only to certain
Changes in version 2.20.2475
- - Attachments: You can now add more than one
attachment at a time.
- - Send/Receive: The send function now
processes all messages in the outbox.
- - Spell Checker: The spell checker functions
properly on replies and checks highlighted text.
Version 2.20.2474 not a public
Changes in version 2.20.2472
- - Address & Address Book: The RMB address
popup error that crashed PMMail has been corrected. Also, drag-drop
from the address book is fixed.
- - Spell Checker: A problem that caused the
spell checker to hang at 1% on empty messages has been fixed.
- - Code: More of the PMMail source code has
been updated from C to C++.
- - Log File: Fixed a problem with a PMMail.log
file appearing on some Window 98 and ME systems.
Changes in version 2.20.2469
- - Accounts: An error that occurred with
switching accounts during a fetch on some machines has been
- - Attachments: The attachments error present
in PMMail has been corrected. Folder re-indexing will need to be
performed to correct messages that currently show this
- - Code: Much of the PMMail source code has
been updated from C to C++.
- - Drafts: The save as draft filepath error
from version 2402 has been corrected.
- - Header: Correction to a header issue that
crashed the Standard version.
- - Memory: Optimization of code has been made
to correct known memory leaks in the program.
- - Search: The search error from version 2402
has been corrected.
Version 2.20.2468 not a public
Changes in version 2.20.2402
- - Code: Much of the PMMail source code has
been updated from C to C++.
- - ESMTP: Extended SMTP authentication support
has been added to PMMail 2000.
- - SMTP: Improvements have been added to the
SMTP sending and authentication.
Changes in version 2.20.2380
- - Server: A correction was made to the retry
method when using alternate means of SMTP authentication.
Changes in version 2.20.2370
- - Disk free space: Corrected a free space
calculation error in Windows when the amount of freespace was near
multiples of 2 gigabytes.
- - Server: Improvements were made to the retry
method for alternate means of SMTP authentication.
Changes in version 2.20.2360
- - Encoding: Corrected an error with the
message encoding/decoding that occurs with some messages.
Changes in version 2.20.2350
- - Editor: Corrects 'Select All' in messages
greater than 64K
- - Filter: Corrects issue where if search
criteria wasn't in first line of a multi-part section it was
- - Search: Search function in message body
Changes in version 2.20.2340
- - Editor: PMMail uses the riched20.dll in
Windows for editing rather than PMMEdit.dll
Changes in version 2.20.2330
- -Compatibility: Corrects 64k limit for screen
- -Compatibility: Correction to some
Kernel32.dll issues under Windows 9x/ME
- - Editor: Corrected a 64K message truncation
error that occurred with version 2.20.2300
- - Editor: Updated PMMEdit.dll to correct
incompatibility error with some programs that began in version
- - Help: Updated help file
- - Help: Updated DLL's for help system
- - Installer: Now deletes file PMMail.GID for
PMMEdit.dll patch made
Changes in version 2.20.2320
- - Charset: Corrected character set translation
issue when MIME header is not included.
- - Editor: Corrected character translation
error for display of some high-ASCII characters.
- - HTML: Corrected issue where accented
characters in HTML messages are dropped
- - HTML: Corrected an HTML display error with
some messages that began in version 2.20.2300
Version 2.20.2310 - Not a public
Changes in version 2.20.2300
- - Date/Time: Corrected TZ calculation for
- - Date/Time: Corrected reading of
date/timestamp from Qmail servers
- - HTML: Colors can now be specified by rather
than just by hexidecimal code
- - Installer: Updated Readme file.
- - Memory: Clean memory calls for increased
Changes in version 2.20.2200
- - Charset: Corrected display issues related to
US codepage 437
- - Date/Time: Redifined 70 time zones supported
- - Filter: Corrected the issue where a filter
deleting an incoming message would still notify the user of a new
- - Filter: Corrected crash caused deleting a
message before moving or bouncing it.
- - Header: Corrected parsing error in messages
containing multiple recipients. This error originally popped up in
- - HTML Links: Updated links located in the
- - Migration: Added support for Outlook Express
- - Migration: Migration support for all 3.x and
4.x versions of Netscape
- - Status bar: Message file size is displayed
during file transfers
- - Toolbar: Added ability to toggle the display
of the toolbar on/off.
- - Truncation: Grammar correction in message
Changes in version 2.20.2100
- - Account settings: Corrected the 'tab' order
in the Send settings.
- - Attachment: The Show attachments window now
properly recognizes keyboard commands.
- - Demo: Corrected timeout error for some
- - Editor: Corrected error where blank spaces
after high ASCII characters are dropped in HTML messages where the
font size is 8
- - Filter: Modified the 'No Spam' filter in
PMMail to make up for changes when variables were initially added
to the ICSL.
- - Message Wrapping: Altered message wrapping
so that values greater than 30 wrap at that point. Values less than
30 default to 0 and have no message wrapping
- - Password: Corrected getting locked out of an
account when the password field is left 'blank'
- - PGP: Messages containing high-ASCII
characters are no longer converted to 'Quoted Printable' before
- - PGP: Updated the PGPsdk to version 1.7.8
(PGP.dll still reports it as version 1.7.1)
- - Save: Corrected error saving messages as an
external file if there is a < in the message subject.
- - Status bar: Increased update period for file
transfer status for each percent, with one update per second.
- - Timeout: Corrections to timeout setting when
fetching mail from server
Changes in version 2.10.2030
- - Address Book: Corrected crash adding names
containing a comma to the book
- - Attachments: Corrected messages containing
attachments that were duplicating in the message list.
- - Canned Reply: A blank line is no longer
appended to the end of a canned reply.
- - DST: Compiled with a new Microsoft C++
compiler that corrects issues calculating daylight savings time
when it falls on April 1.
- - Editor: When messages longer than 64K in
size are added to PMMail's editor they are no longer truncated
- - Filter: A filter forwarding a message will
now send the attachment as well (if any).
- - Filter: Corrected error searching for email
addresses with a period before the @ sign.
- - Filter: Can now save attachments to a drives
- - Filter: Fixed, delete Message (remote
- - Filter: Individual manual filters may now be
executed on the Sent Mail folder
- - Filter: 'User Hook' now passes the full
filepath and name of a message
- - Hotkey: Changed hotkey in the
- - Hotkey: F3 button now closes PMMail
- - HTML: PMMail can now ad multi-worded
subjects when clicking on Mailto: links
- - HTML: Mailto links are no longer case
sensitive if a 'body' or 'subject' tag is called
no longer close PMMail
- - Ordering: Updated FAX number.
- - RFC: Compliance with RFC 821
- - Search: Tabbing through the search box no
longer leads to a deadspot
- - Server: Setting the fetch interval to less
tan 30 seconds no longer defaults back to 30,000
- - Server: APOP authentication has been
- - Server: Added support for SMTP
Authentication; CRAM-MD5 and LOGIN
- - System Tray: Corrected PMMail locking up
when some RMB options weher activated from the system tray.
- - Timeout: Timeout function for mail fetching
There was a test version changing called
2.10.1999 released at this point.
Changes in version 2.10.2010 (since
- - Address Book: Now printable
- - Address Book: Find tool is now
- - Address Book: Support for import/export of
- - Address Book: RM popup is available when
- - Addressing: Added option to disable
- - Attachments: Attachment information is now
- - Bounce: Corrected issue where bouncing would
re-send message to the BCC: list.
- - Display: Fixed display error where messages
had an incorrect body
- - Fetch: 'Fetch All Accounts' option and
- - Filters: Added 'Save All Attachments'
- - Filters: 'Print Message' function now allows
the ability to specify other printers
- - Filters: Corrected double send issue
- - Filters: An 'All' selection was added to the
'Apply Manual filters'
- - Header: Fixed issue decoding some strange
- - Header: 'In reply to' header is now added so
that mail clients that thread messages will be able to thread those
- - Hooks: Added the '%s' option to be passed in
- - Hotkey: Corrected New Message hotkey
- - Hotkey: Fixed hotkey issue on popup folder
- - HTML: Mailto: stripped off of embedded email
- - ICSL: Added new variables, tags, fields, and
flags to filters, canned replies, and printing.
- - Installation: Corrected error copying
- - LDAP support
- - Networking: Support for Dial-up
- - PGP: PMMail Professional now recognizes PGP
keys by KeyID rather than by email address
- - Preview Pane: Errors are now reported when a
file is not found
- - Printing: Fixed crash printing messages with
really long lines
- - Printing: Customization of printing is now
- - Re-index: Function rewritten and moved to
- - Search: Corrected occasional error of
'search subfolder option.
- - Signatures: Fixed issue of adding double
signature when a message is opened while in the outbox.
- - Spellchecker: Dictionary file word count was
increased from 125,000 to 250,000 words.
- - Vcard: Fixed bug in VCard support.